It’s been almost a year now since Tilt opening at 2 City Arcade. They have gone from strength to strength, becoming one of the go-to venues for not only beer lovers, but also lovers of great coffee & Tea. And not forgetting the magnificent collection of pinball machines. The guys have no intention to stand still, and they are committed to continue to improve on their offering to its customers. The latest additions is a rather magnificent fridge, stocked with bottles and cans from the best breweries across U.K., Europe & USA. It really is a glorious sight, with the signage created by Jim at Seven 9 Signs, it’s a work of art in its own right. Bottles and cans can be purchased to take away or buy to drink in store with a flat rate corkage charged.
Sticking with Tilt, they will be getting involved with Oktoberfest (which happens in September) by creating their own little taste of Munich on Friday 16th September. Beers will be provided by Anspach & Hobday, and fresh Pretzels will be available to buy. The Tilt news does not stop their as they will be hosting Newport’s champion beer winning Tiny Rebel Brewery on Thursday 22nd October for a Tap Takeover.
Twisted Barrel Ale are also coming over all German and will be hosting their own Oktoberfest event on Friday 23rd September. They continue their travels around Europe by turning Irish on Saturday 24th September for their Father Ted theme day; you’re going to go…ah go on, go on, go on, go on!
Other events coming up included:
- The Chequers Inn Stourbridge will be hosting a Titanic Brewery festival – 19th to 24th September. Including a Meet at Brewer event on 19th.
- The Cannock Beer Festival 2016 will be held at Prince of Wales Theatre, Cannock from 22nd to 24th September.
- Celebrate Cherry Reds John Bright Streets 3rd Birthday on 23rd September.
- Check out the Vegan Food & Drink event at The Gunmaker Arms on 24th September.
- The fantastic Manchester Marble Brewery head to Birmingham for a Meet the Brewer Event at The Craven Arms on Monday 27th September.
We are both big fans of Magic Rock Brewing, with Dave visiting the tap room, so we recommend reading Matt Curtis’s article for Good Beer Hunting profiling the brewery. http://goodbeerhunting.com/blog/2016/8/17/magic-rock-brewing-company-bringing-the-west-coast-to-west-yorkshire
Dave & Bob